(Separate from the scoring of the rubric questions)
- Format of session matches description and given outcomes – Y/N
- Content of the session is appropriate for the given audience – Y/N
- Audience and instrumentation are appropriate for conference/summit – Y/N
Preference will be given to new presenters for ASTA, allowing us to bring new leaders and voice equity for our members and the profession.
The National Conference Committee will:
- Work to provide a balanced conference/summit program, including content for the variety of ASTA members (senior/emeritus, K-12 teachers, studio teachers, higher education faculty, students - pre-service teachers/performers); variety of music taught (classical, folk, eclectic styles, non-Western music); variety of instruments played (all stringed instruments).
- Work to provide a conference program that includes a diverse group of presenters: new presenters, returning presenters, and demographically diverse presenters (e.g., age, race, ethnicity, gender, geographic representation).