2024 Application Guidelines and Requirements
How to Apply:
Click the link:
- If you are not currently a member of ASTA, please join/renew your membership before beginning the application process.
- Add the “NOF Application Fee” to your cart. (The cost to apply is $150).
- Log into your ASTA account and pay the application fee.
- You will receive an email containing a link to complete your application form.
- To complete the form, you will need the following:
- Basic school and director information
- Basic group information
- Name and email for your school’s head or principal
- Names and emails of two prominent music educators who have worked with or heard the ensemble during the past two years as references. Note: your references will receive an emailed survey to complete
- Provide two examples of printed programs from the past two years in PDF format.
- Use the link to Dropbox to upload your performance selections.
- Please use the following naming convention:
- DIRECTOR NAME_GROUP NAME_SELECTION NAME_NUMBER1or2
- Two contrasting selections (no solo repertoire) of the group recorded between January 2022 and the time of the application.
- Full orchestras must submit one selection with full orchestra and one selection with strings only.
- Selections must be unedited.
Please Note: Applications are only considered fully submitted after the form has been completed, all recommendations have been submitted, and all items have been uploaded.
Applications will be reviewed by a national committee of ASTA members. The committee will provide detailed feedback to all applicants at the time of application notification.
Notification and Contract
Directors must submit a signed contract and a $1,000 non-refundable deposit by June 15, 2023. These materials will confirm participation in the festival. The deposit will be applied directly to the group's package fees. If you have specific questions regarding notification, payment, and group pricing, please get in touch with us at email@example.com.
The minimum number of student participants is 16. Groups may increase and decrease their total participant number until January 15, 2023. After January 15, 2023, groups are responsible for the last confirmed total number of participants received by ASTA.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
All cancellation requests must be received in writing by September 30, 2023, to firstname.lastname@example.org. No refunds will be given on any payments made before September 30, 2023, but the remaining balance for your group will be waived upon written cancellation confirmation from the ASTA National Office.
ASTA is counting on your participation as indicated in your signed contract and may have turned away other potential participating ensembles. Groups cannot cancel their participation after September 30, 2023. Groups not wishing to participate after this date are still liable for the total amount due, and no refunds will be given on any payments already made. The remaining balance for your group will be waived upon written cancellation confirmation from the ASTA National Office. This cancellation policy also applies to all circumstances beyond the attendee’s and/or ASTA’s control, including, but not limited to, acts of God, war, terrorism, government regulations, disaster, strikes, civil disorder, or curtailment of transportation. If you have a unique circumstance preventing your group from participating and would like it to be reviewed for special consideration, please send, in writing, an explanation of your circumstance and include any appropriate documentation. Your request will be reviewed within 30 days, and you will be notified subsequently of the outcome.