ASTA Most Outstanding NSPC String Project Award
The ASTA Outstanding NSPC String Project of the Year Award is given annually to a String Project site that not only exemplifies the mission of the NSPC, but also positively influences the community in which they cultivate new generations of highly qualified music educators and culturally diverse string instrument education opportunities for students.
What information will you need to complete the online application?
- Site information including number of students and teachers for 2019-2020, 2020-2021, and 2021-2022.
- Recruitment and Concert activities
- Types of classes offered
- Extended responses to the following questions:
- Describe your site recruitment activities in detail.
- Describe how your site meets or exceeds the NSPC mission: "Training tomorrow's string educators while providing accessible string instruction opportunities for youth and adults."
- What makes your site unique or outstanding?
- What has been the impact on the community and/or the student teachers?
- Additional evidence in the form of special project activity documentation and letters of support from students, parents, teachers, alumni, and community members
Submit the online application by Thursday, December 15, 2022. Notifications will be sent in January 2023.
Learn more about the National String Project Consortium.